dinsdag 13 april 2010

Tutorial: how to survive an awkward convo



Since I work in Amsterdam, I still have to travel all the way to my own town by train and try to catch my bus that leaves like once an hour after six. I missed the bus, nothing shocking about that. So I decided to walk a part of the way, untill the next bus would catch up with me.

Meanwhile I was nearly dead of exhaustion and I was yellowish, because the bloodcirculation in my face had stopped, due to lack of food. =/ Finally the bus arrived and all I wanted was to drop down in a seat and fall asleep. Ofcourse the bus was overcrowded and all I could find was a seat at the end of the bus, between a bunch of chattery old people that smell like death itself. At the very end of the row, I saw this old neighbour of me sitting. He's a very friendly man, but I usually only say hi when it's too obvious I'm trying to avoid eyecontact.

I thanked goodness when the old people left the bus and it was only I and my old neighour sitting in the end of the bus. I stood up to sit in another seat, because I was getting dizzy sitting backwards. When I stood up, my old neighbour came and sat infront of me. Wasn't he comfortable where he was sitting before? Guess not.

I smiled politely and started playing with my phone to avoid a conversation. That went great for about - well - two minutes. I felt how his little eyes were staring at me and I got a little nervous. He then moved his bag and asked if it was bothering me. I told him it wasn't and continued playing with my phone.

"Where do you live?"
He knows exactly where I live.
"Nearby. We used to be old neighbours", I answered.
He nodded. "Yes, I still recognise you. You've become a beautiful girl."
I shouldn't have smiled at that, cuz it clearly encouraged him to keep talking to me.

"How old are you?", he continued asking. I replied 21 and he nodded again.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" ... =| Come again?

"Ehrm, no, no I don't." Keeping in mind the guy knows my dad! :p
"Why is that?", he asked surprised.
"Well I don't need a boyfriend at this moment," I replied convincing.
"You have very beautiful eyes. Clearly today's guys are blind," he said, once again flattering me.
Wait... Was I really being flattered by a guy who was nearly 65 and had two sons?!

So he continued asking me what I was studying and again why I don't have a boyfriend. So I decided to remind him of the freakin' age difference between us, in case he was flirting.
"Well you have a good son right," I joked and he smiled politely.
"Yes I do. Long, strong and green eyes. You two would make a nice couple."
Ofcourse we would, sir! I don't know if the guy was flirting with me, but I hoped he'd get the hint if I was showing interest in his son. Thank God he kept talking about how he wanted me to be his daughter-in-law and as long as we were going on that track and not talking about sad me not having a boyfriend, I was happy.

I was totally freaked out by him staring at me and the whole awkward conversation. When he got out and turned around to wave at me, I had already turned my back towards him. I think it's better if from now on I avoid the bus and use my bycicle to get to the station. Atleast that'll spare me the weird conversations... And I'll end up having great legs.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. OMG, hahaha. Gedsie, zo eng van die gozer. Ieeeuw, volgens mij wou 'ie jou meer voor zichzelf. Hahaha, grapje.

    Het is toch lekker weer nu, beeeeeter ga je fietsen. Lol.

    X
    Nadiyah

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wait... Was I really being flattered by a guy who was nearly 65 and had two sons?!

    Hahahahaha! Hier ging ik plat!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hahaha, wat schrijf je leuk zeg! Echt bery cool!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen